Donald Anthony Cerrone|
March 29, 1983
Denver, Colorado, United States
|Height||6 ft 0 in (1.83 m)|
|Weight||156 lb (71 kg; 11.1 st)|
|Reach||73.0 in (185 cm)|
|Style||Kickboxing, Muay Thai, Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu|
|Fighting out of||Albuquerque, New Mexico|
|Team||Jackson's Submission Fighting|
|Years active||2002 – present|
|Mixed martial arts record|
|Mixed martial arts record from Sherdog|
Donald Anthony Cerrone (born March 29, 1983) is an American mixed martial artist and Muay Thai kickboxer who fights out of Albuquerque, New Mexico and currently competes as a lightweight in the UFC. Cerrone is currently ranked the #10 lightweight in the world by Sherdog.
Mixed martial arts career
Donald started his career in Commerce City, Colorado at a gym called Freedom Fighters, winning his first 25 Muay Thai bouts. Cerrone began training with Jon Jones, Rashad Evans, Nate Marquardt, Keith Jardine, Georges St. Pierre, Leonard Garcia (who would become his good friend) and other skilled MMA fighters at Greg Jackson's Submission Fighting Gaidojutsu school in Albuquerque, New Mexico.
World Extreme Cagefighting
Cerrone was signed to fight in the WEC. His first fight in the promotion was against Kenneth Alexander. Originally a win via submission in 0:56 seconds of the first round, the decision was changed to a no contest when Cerrone tested positive for the banned substance hydrochlorothiazide.
Cerrone was scheduled to face Rich Crunkilton at WEC 34, but Crunkilton was forced off the card with an injury and replaced by Danny Castillo. Cerrone won the bout via submission (armbar) in the first round.
At WEC 38 he fought WEC lightweight champion, Jamie Varner, losing via technical split decision. The fight was highly competitive and won the 'Fight of the Night' award. However, the fight was stopped prematurely in the fifth round when Cerrone hit Varner's temple with an illegal knee while Varner was still on the ground. Varner was given time to recover, but he was unable to continue, noting that he had double vision and had sustained a broken hand.
Cerrone was again scheduled to face Rich Crunkilton on June 7, 2009 at WEC 41, but Crunkilton was forced off the card with an injury and replaced by James Krause. Cerrone defeated Krause via first round submission.
Cerrone and Varner had agreed to a rematch, tentatively at WEC 43, but Varner was unable to receive medical clearance as a result from his hand injury. Cerrone fought Benson Henderson for the WEC Interim Lightweight Championship on October 10, 2009 at WEC 43 in San Antonio, Texas, losing by unanimous decision. The fight was awarded Fight of the Year honors by Sherdog for 2009. Cerrone credited Henderson for being "a hell of a fighter" and conceded that he was slow to start the action, which may have cost him the match.
Cerrone fought Benson Henderson in a rematch of their '2009 Fight of the Year', this time for the WEC Lightweight Championship on April 24, 2010 at WEC 48. Cerrone lost via first round guillotine choke submission.
Cerrone faced rival Jamie Varner in their highly anticipated rematch on September 30, 2010 at WEC 51. He won the fight via unanimous decision, winning all 3 rounds. In between rounds, there were often many shoves and middle fingers given by both fighters to one another, including a shove at the very end of the match. In the post fight interview, Cerrone declared he'd be willing to do a rematch in Arizona, Varner's home state, to settle their score once and for all. The bout won 'Fight of the Night' honors.
Cerrone instead faced Chris Horodecki on December 16, 2010 at WEC 53. He won via submission in the second round with a triangle choke. During the post fight interview Cerrone called out Cole Miller for his UFC debut. However, it is already planned that Miller will fight Matt Wiman at UFC: Fight For The Troops 2.
Ultimate Fighting Championship
Cerrone faced Paul Kelly on February 5, 2011 at UFC 126, replacing an injured Sam Stout. Cerrone defeated Kelly via tapout due to a rear naked choke. For their performance, both fighters earned "Fight of the Night" honors.
Cerrone was expected to face Mac Danzig on June 11, 2011 at UFC 131. However, Danzig was forced out of the bout with a chest injury and replaced by promotional newcomer Vagner Rocha. Cerrone won the fight via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-26), having neutralized his opponent's ability to get close and grapple by way of punishing leg kicks. During the post-fight interview Cerrone apologized for his performance, admitting he "fought to not lose, not to win."
Cerrone was expected to face Paul Taylor on August 14, 2011 at UFC Live: Hardy vs. Lytle, replacing an injured John Makdessi. On July 7 it was announced that Taylor had broken his foot and was forced out of the bout and replaced by Charles Oliveira. He didn’t waste much time in the fight, landing a hook to the body of Oliveira that dropped him. He then swarmed Oliveira, defeating him via TKO three minutes into the opening round, earning Knockout of Night honors for the performance.
Cerrone lost to Nate Diaz at UFC 141 via unanimous decision, in a performance that earned both participants Fight of the Night honors. Despite knocking Diaz off of his feet multiple times with leg kicks, Cerrone could not offset the volume punches from Diaz, as Diaz landed 82% of the strikes he threw en route to his victory over Cerrone. On his loss to Diaz Cerrone stated, "You know instinct, I think that's the thing a lot of people aren't doing. That's where I made the mistake in my last fight, is, you need to learn to turn your brain off and just go by reactions. Don't go in there and try and think and do things and fight with your brain, because that's the thing, I got angry and tried to kill him, and when you try to go [too] hard you just can't do it."
Cerrone was expected to face Yves Edwards on May 15, 2012 at UFC on Fuel TV: Korean Zombie vs. Poirier. However, Edwards was forced from the bout with an injury and replaced by Jeremy Stephens. Cerrone defeated Stephens by unanimous decision.
Cerrone fought and defeated Melvin Guillard via first round KO on August 11, 2012 at UFC 150. Guillard landed a strong left hand early in the first round that floored Cerrone, who got to his feet only to absorb several more strikes from the pursuing Guillard. Around a minute into the fight Cerrone threw a high kick which grazed Guillard's head - stunning him - and continued to drop him with a straight right which forced the stoppage. The performance earned Cerrone Knockout of the Night and Fight of the Night honors.
Cerrone fought former WEC Lightweight Champion Anthony Pettis on January 26, 2013 at UFC on Fox 6. Pettis landed a kick to the liver which dropped Cerrone to the canvas before following up with punches on the ground, prompting referee Rob Madrigal to stop the fight. This was the first time Cerrone had been stopped with strikes in his MMA career.
Cerrone faced Adriano Martins on January 25, 2014 at UFC on Fox 10. He won the fight by knockout due to a headkick in the first round. The win also earned Cerrone his third Knockout of the Night bonus award.
Cerrone faced Edson Barboza on April 19, 2014 at UFC on Fox 11. Despite being rocked several times by Barboza in the first few minutes, Cerrone rallied to drop his opponent with a jab and then secure the rear-naked choke submission for the win. The win also earned Cerrone his first Performance of the Night bonus award.
Cerrone faced Jim Miller on July 16, 2014 at UFC Fight Night 45. Cerrone defeated Miller via knockout in the second round due to a head kick and punches, becoming the first man to give Miller a professional knockout loss. The win also earned Cerrone his second Performance of the Night bonus award.
Cerrone was briefly linked to a bout with Khabib Nurmagomedov on September 27, 2014 at UFC 178. However, the pairing was quickly scrapped after it was revealed that Nurmagomedov had suffered a knee injury that would sideline him indefinitely. Subsequently, Cerrone was matched with Bobby Green at the event. In turn, Cerrone eventually faced Eddie Alvarez in the co-main event of the card. After being staggered several times in the clinch by Alvarez, Cerrone came back in the following rounds with hard kicks and knees, eventually scoring a knockdown in the 3rd round due to low kicks. Cerrone won the fight via unanimous decision.
Cerrone faced Myles Jury on January 3, 2015 at UFC 182. Cerrone commented on his desire to fight him was due to his disdain over Jury's arrogant response after defeating Cerrone's former training partner, Diego Sanchez in UFC 171. He won the fight by dominating Jury from 1st to 3rd round via unanimous decision. Regardless, Cerrone expressed disappointment towards himself after the fight due to there being boos from the crowd during some points of inactivity. "My legacy is I want to be fighting my ass off every time, so I don't consider that a win. I'm not happy with my performance and I'm gonna go watch the tape and figure out what I need to do to capitalize if that happens again."
After asking UFC brass for a quick turnaround following his victory over Jury at UFC 182, it was announced on January 5 that Cerrone would replace an injured Eddie Alvarez and faced former opponent Benson Henderson on January 18, 2015 at UFC Fight Night 59. Cerrone won the fight via unanimous decision. 12 of 14 media outlets scored the bout in favor of Henderson.
Cerrone was expected to face Khabib Nurmagomedov on May 23, 2015 at UFC 187. However, Nurmagomedov pulled out of the bout on April 30 due to a knee injury. He was replaced by John Makdessi. Cerrone won the fight via TKO after breaking Makdessi's jaw with a head kick in the second round.
After winning eight fights in a row in under two years, Cerrone earned his first UFC lightweight title shot. He faced Rafael dos Anjos in the main event at UFC on Fox 17 on December 19, 2015. Cerrone lost the fight via TKO just 66 seconds into the first round.
Cerrone was expected to face Tim Means in a welterweight bout on February 21, 2016 at UFC Fight Night 83. However, Means was removed from the bout on February 3 and was replaced by Alex Oliveira. Cerrone won the fight via submission in the first round. He was also awarded a Performance of the Night bonus.
Cerrone next faced Patrick Côté on June 18, 2016 at UFC Fight Night 89. He won the fight via TKO in the third round, becoming the first person to finish the notoriously durable Côté by strikes, earning Cerrone another Performance of the Night bonus.
Cerrone currently lives on a 10-acre (40,000 m2) ranch and is looking to house several fighters that want to make a career in MMA. He calls it the "TapOut Ranch" and has dedicated an entire wing for fighters wanting to live and train with world class talent. He lives there with best friend, Leonard Garcia.
Championships and achievements
Mixed martial arts
- Ultimate Fighting Championship
- First UFC Fighter to win all four UFC bonus awards (Fight, Knockout, Submission & Performance of the Night)
- Fight of the Night (Three times)
- Knockout of the Night (Three times)
- Performance of the Night (Four times)
- Submission of the Night (Two times)
- Ranked 2nd in strikes landed per minute in the UFC (5.60).
- World Extreme Cagefighting
- Fight of the Night (Five times)
- World MMA Awards
- 2011 Breakthrough Fighter of the Year
- 2006 S-1 United States Muay Thai champion
- 2006 Dominion Warrior Light Heavyweight World champion
Mixed martial arts record
|Professional record breakdown|
|38 bouts||30 wins||7 losses|
|Win||30–7 (1)||Patrick Côté||TKO (punches)||UFC Fight Night: MacDonald vs. Thompson||June 18, 2016||3||2:35||171 lbs||Ottawa, Ontario, Canada||Performance of the Night.|
|Win||29–7 (1)||Alex Oliveira||Submission (triangle choke)||UFC Fight Night: Cowboy vs. Cowboy||February 21, 2016||1||2:33||170 lbs||Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States||Welterweight debut; Performance of the Night.|
|Loss||28–7 (1)||Rafael dos Anjos||TKO (punches)||UFC on Fox: dos Anjos vs. Cerrone 2||December 19, 2015||1||1:06||154.5 lbs||Orlando, Florida, United States||For the UFC Lightweight Championship.|
|Win||28–6 (1)||John Makdessi||TKO (head kick)||UFC 187||May 23, 2015||2||4:44||156 lbs||Las Vegas, Nevada, United States||Makdessi suffered broken jaw.|
|Win||27–6 (1)||Benson Henderson||Decision (unanimous)||UFC Fight Night: McGregor vs. Siver||January 18, 2015||3||5:00||155 lbs||Boston, Massachusetts, United States|
|Win||26–6 (1)||Myles Jury||Decision (unanimous)||UFC 182||January 3, 2015||3||5:00||155.5 lbs||Las Vegas, Nevada, United States|
|Win||25–6 (1)||Eddie Alvarez||Decision (unanimous)||UFC 178||September 27, 2014||3||5:00||155 lbs||Las Vegas, Nevada, United States|
|Win||24–6 (1)||Jim Miller||KO (head kick and punches)||UFC Fight Night: Cerrone vs. Miller||July 16, 2014||2||3:31||155 lbs||Atlantic City, New Jersey, United States||Performance of the Night.|
|Win||23–6 (1)||Edson Barboza||Submission (rear-naked choke)||UFC on Fox: Werdum vs. Browne||April 19, 2014||1||3:15||155.5 lbs||Orlando, Florida, United States||Performance of the Night.|
|Win||22–6 (1)||Adriano Martins||KO (head kick)||UFC on Fox: Henderson vs. Thomson||January 25, 2014||1||4:40||155 lbs||Chicago, Illinois, United States||Knockout of the Night.|
|Win||21–6 (1)||Evan Dunham||Submission (triangle choke)||UFC 167||November 16, 2013||2||3:49||155 lbs||Las Vegas, Nevada, United States||Submission of the Night.|
|Loss||20–6 (1)||Rafael dos Anjos||Decision (unanimous)||UFC Fight Night: Condit vs. Kampmann 2||August 28, 2013||3||5:00||156 lbs||Indianapolis, Indiana, United States|
|Win||20–5 (1)||K.J. Noons||Decision (unanimous)||UFC 160||May 25, 2013||3||5:00||155 lbs||Las Vegas, Nevada, United States|
|Loss||19–5 (1)||Anthony Pettis||TKO (liver kick and punches)||UFC on Fox 6||January 26, 2013||1||2:35||155 lbs||Chicago, Illinois, United States|
|Win||19-4 (1)||Melvin Guillard||KO (head kick & punch)||UFC 150||August 11, 2012||1||1:16||155 lbs||Denver, Colorado, United States||Catchweight bout (157.5 lb); Guillard did not make weight; Knockout and Fight of the Night.|
|Win||18-4 (1)||Jeremy Stephens||Decision (unanimous)||UFC on Fuel 3||May 15, 2012||3||5:00||155 lbs||Fairfax, Virginia, United States|
|Loss||17–4 (1)||Nate Diaz||Decision (unanimous)||UFC 141||December 30, 2011||3||5:00||156 lbs||Las Vegas, Nevada, United States||Fight of the Night.|
|Win||17–3 (1)||Dennis Siver||Submission (rear naked choke)||UFC 137||October 29, 2011||1||2:22||156 lbs||Las Vegas, Nevada, United States||Submission of the Night.|
|Win||16–3 (1)||Charles Oliveira||TKO (punches)||UFC Live 5||August 14, 2011||1||3:01||156 lbs||Milwaukee, Wisconsin, United States||Knockout of the Night.|
|Win||15–3 (1)||Vagner Rocha||Decision (unanimous)||UFC 131||June 11, 2011||3||5:00||155 lbs||Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada|
|Win||14–3 (1)||Paul Kelly||Submission (rear-naked choke)||UFC 126||February 5, 2011||2||3:48||155 lbs||Las Vegas, Nevada, United States||Fight of the Night.|
|Win||13–3 (1)||Chris Horodecki||Submission (triangle choke)||WEC 53||December 16, 2010||2||2:43||155 lbs||Glendale, Arizona, United States|
|Win||12–3 (1)||Jamie Varner||Decision (unanimous)||WEC 51||September 30, 2010||3||5:00||155.5 lbs||Broomfield, Colorado, United States||Fight of the Night.|
|Loss||11–3 (1)||Benson Henderson||Submission (guillotine choke)||WEC 48||April 24, 2010||1||1:57||154.5 lbs||Sacramento, California, United States||For WEC Lightweight Championship.|
|Win||11–2 (1)||Ed Ratcliff||Submission (rear-naked choke)||WEC 45||December 19, 2009||3||3:47||155 lbs||Las Vegas, Nevada, United States||Fight of the Night.|
|Loss||10–2 (1)||Benson Henderson||Decision (unanimous)||WEC 43||October 10, 2009||5||5:00||154.5 lbs||San Antonio, Texas, United States||For Interim WEC Lightweight Championship, Fight of the Night, Sherdog Fight of the Year.|
|Win||10–1 (1)||James Krause||Submission (rear-naked choke)||WEC 41||June 7, 2009||1||4:38||155 lbs||Sacramento, California, United States|
|Loss||9–1 (1)||Jamie Varner||Technical Decision (split)||WEC 38||January 25, 2009||5||3:10||154.5 lbs||San Diego, California, United States||For WEC Lightweight Championship; Fight of the Night; Varner hit with illegal knee in 5th rd.|
|Win||9–0 (1)||Rob McCullough||Decision (unanimous)||WEC 36||November 5, 2008||3||5:00||156 lbs||Hollywood, Florida, United States||WEC Lightweight Championship #1 contendership; Fight of the Night.|
|Win||8–0 (1)||Danny Castillo||Submission (armbar)||WEC 34||June 1, 2008||1||1:30||155.5 lbs||Sacramento, California, United States|
|NC||7–0 (1)||Kenneth Alexander||NC (Overturned)||WEC 30||September 5, 2007||1||0:56||155 lbs||Las Vegas, Nevada, United States||Original win by triangle choke; Overturned due to testing positive for banned substances.|
|Win||7–0||Yasunori Kanehara||Submission (triangle choke)||GCM: Cage Force 3||June 9, 2007||2||2:46||Tokyo, Japan|
|Win||6–0||Anthony Njokuani||Submission (triangle choke)||ROF 29||April 28, 2007||1||4:30||Broomfield, Colorado, United States|
|Win||5–0||Ryan Roberts||Submission (armbar)||ROF 28||February 16, 2007||1||1:49||Broomfield, Colorado, United States|
|Win||4–0||Jesse Brock||Submission (triangle choke)||ROF 26||September 9, 2006||1||1:35||Castle Rock, Colorado, United States|
|Win||3–0||Craig Tennant||Submission (armbar)||ROF 24||June 17, 2006||1||1:26||Castle Rock, Colorado, United States|
|Win||2–0||Cruz Chacon||Submission (triangle choke)||ACF: Genesis||February 24, 2006||2||2:25||Denver, Colorado, United States|
|Win||1–0||Nate Mohr||Submission (triangle choke)||ROF 21||February 11, 2006||1||1:42||Castle Rock, Colorado, United States|
- "Sherdog Official Mixed Martial Arts Rankings"=. Sherdog.com. 2013-04-28. http://www.sherdog.com/news/rankings/6/Sherdogs-Official-Mixed-Martial-Arts-Rankings-52109. Retrieved 2012-05-25.
- Trembow (2007-09-12). "Cerrone tests positive for diuretic at WEC 30"=. MMA Weekly. http://www.mmaweekly.com/cerrone-tests-positive-for-diuretic-at-wec-30. Retrieved 2012-05-12.
- "Castillo replaces Crunkilton at WEC 34"=. mmajunkie.com. 2008-05-28. http://mmajunkie.com/news/4438/castillo-replaces-crunkilton-at-wec-34.mma.
- "Rich Crunkilton Out vs. Donald "Cowboy" Cerrone, James Krause In:"=. bloodyelbow.com. http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2009/4/15/838338/wec-ufc-bout-changes-rich. Retrieved 2019-04-15.
- "WEC 43: Cerrone vs. Henderson on October 10 in San Antonio, Texas"=. MMAFrenzy.com. 2009-01-02. http://mmafrenzy.com/11420/wec-43-cerrone-vs-henderson-on-october-10-in-san-antonio-texas/. Retrieved 2009-08-29.
- "Donald Cerrone on WEC 43 main event: Benson Henderson definitely won that fight"=. MMAJunkie.com. 2009-10-10. http://mmajunkie.com/news/16455/donald-cerrone-on-wec-43-main-event-benson-henderson-definitely-won-that-fight.mma. Retrieved 2009-10-10.
- "Lightweight Donald Cerrone says WEC 45 plan for quick start ended at "charge""=. MMAJunkie.com. 2009-12-20. http://mmajunkie.com/news/17293/lightweight-donald-cerrone-says-wec-45-plan-for-quick-start-ended-at-charge.mma.
- "WEC 48: Ben Henderson vs. Donald Cerrone II booked for PPV debut on April 24"=. mmamania.com. http://www.mmamania.com/2010/2/3/1291116/henderson-vs-cerrone-ii-set-for. Retrieved 2010-02-03.
- "WEC 48: Aldo vs. Faber – Live Results and Commentary"=. BLOODYELBOW.com. 2010-04-24. http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2010/4/24/1441784/wec-48-aldo-vs-faber-live-results. Retrieved 2010-04-25.
- "VARNER VS. CERRONE 2 SIGNED FOR WEC 51"=. mmaweekly.com. 2010-07-20. http://www.mmaweekly.com/absolutenm/templates/dailynews.asp?articleid=12103&zoneid=13.
- "Donald Cerrone vs. Chris Horodecki slotted for WEC 53 in December"=. mmajunkie.com. October 21, 2010. http://mmajunkie.com/news/21096/donald-cerrone-vs-chris-horodecki-slotted-for-wec-53-in-december.mma.
- "UFC and WEC set to merge in 2011; events to air on Versus and Spike TV"=. mmajunkie.com. October 28, 2010. http://mmajunkie.com/news/21189/ufc-and-wec-set-to-merge-in-2011-events-to-air-on-versus-and-spike-tv.mma.
- "Donald "Cowboy" Cerrone Steps In To Face Paul Kelly At UFC 126"=. mmaweekly.com. January 3, 2011. http://mmaweekly.com/donald-cowboy-cerrone-steps-in-to-face-paul-kelly-at-ufc-126.
- "Mac Danzig vs. Donald Cerrone grudge match slotted for UFC 131 in Vancouver"=. mmajunkie.com. March 14, 2011. http://mmajunkie.com/news/22832/mac-danzig-vs-donald-cerrone-grudge-match-slotted-for-ufc-131-in-vancouver.mma.
- "Mac Danzig out at UFC 131, Vagner Rocha now faces Donald Cerrone"=. MMAJunkie.com. May 17, 2011. http://mmajunkie.com/news/23641/mac-danzig-out-at-ufc-131-vagner-rocha-now-faces-donald-cerrone.mma.
- "UFC 131 Results: Donald ‘Cowboy’ Cerrone Punishes Vagner Rocha To Win Unanimous Decision"=. mmaweekly.com. 2011-06-11. http://mmaweekly.com/ufc-131-results-donald-cowboy-cerrone-punishes-vagner-rocha-to-win-unanimous-decision. Retrieved 2011-08-09.
- "Paul Taylor gets Cerrone examination on August 14"=. espn.co.uk.. June 27, 2011. http://www.espn.co.uk/ufc/sport/story/98453.html.
- "UFC on Versus 5 Fighters Score $65,000 Bonuses"=. MMAweekly.com. 2011-08-14. http://mmaweekly.com/ufc-on-versus-5-fighters-score-65000-bonuses-chris-lytle-rakes-it-in.
- "Donald Cerrone replaces Sam Stout at UFC 137, meets Dennis Siver"=. mmajunkie.com=. August 29, 2011. http://mmajunkie.com/news/25009/donald-cerrone-replaces-sam-stout-at-ufc-137.mma. Retrieved August 29, 2011.
- Marrocco, Steven (October 30, 2011). "Donald Cerrone vs. Nate Diaz targeted for UFC 141 in Las Vegas"=. MMAjunkie.com=. http://mmajunkie.com/news/25880/donald-cerrone-vs-nate-diaz-targeted-for-ufc-141-in-las-vegas.mma. Retrieved October 30, 2011.
- "Donald Cerrone vs. Yves Edwards added to May's UFC on Fuel TV 3 event"=. MMAjunkie.com=. February 8, 2012. http://mmajunkie.com/news/27337/donald-cerrone-vs-yves-edwards-added-to-mays-ufc-on-fx-3-event.mma. Retrieved February 8, 2012.
- "Edwards out, Stephens in against Cerrone at UFC on FUEL TV 3"=. MMAjunkie.com=. February 27, 2012. http://mmajunkie.com/news/27603/edwards-out-stephens-again-against-cerrone-at-ufc-on-fuel-tv-3.mma. Retrieved February 27, 2012.
- Mrosko, Gene (July 13, 2012). "UFC 150: Donald Cerrone vs Melvin Guillard booked for Aug. 11 in Denver"=. mmamania.com. http://www.mmamania.com/2012/7/13/3158015/ufc-150-donald-cerrone-vs-melvin-guillard-booked-for-aug-11-in-denver.
- "Anthony Pettis vs. Donald Cerrone targeted for Jan. 26, possibly UFC on FOX 6"=. MMAjunkie.com=. November 5, 2012. http://mmajunkie.com/news/31442/anthony-pettis-vs-donald-cerrone-targeted-for-jan-26-possibly-ufc-on-fox-6.mma. Retrieved November 5, 2012.
- Hall, Chris (2013-01-26). "UFC On Fox 6 results: Anthony Pettis outclasses Donald Cerrone en route to TKO win"=. Bloody Elbow. http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2013/1/26/3918850/ufc-on-fox-6-results-anthony-pettis-vs-donald-cerrone. Retrieved 2013-01-28.
- Hall, Chris (2013-02-19). "Donald Cerrone uninjured after rock climbing fall, set to face K.J. Noons at UFC 160"=. Bloody Elbow. http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2013/2/19/4007366/ufc-160-donald-cerrone-rock-climbing-fall-kj-noons-mma. Retrieved 2013-02-20.
- Staff (June 5, 2013). "Donald Cerrone vs. Rafael dos Anjos co-headlines UFC on FOX Sports 1 2 in Indy"=. mmajunkie.com. http://www.mmajunkie.com/news/2013/06/donald-cerrone-vs-rafael-dos-anjos-co-headlines-ufc-on-fox-sports-1-2-in-indy. Retrieved June 5, 2013.
- Staff. "UFC 167 bonuses: St-Pierre, Hendricks, Woodley, Cerrone win $50,000"=. MMAjunkie.com. http://mmajunkie.com/2013/11/17/ufc-167-bonuses-st-pierre-hendricks-woodley-cerrone-win-50000/. Retrieved 11-17-2013.
- Matthew Roth. "Donald Cerrone meets Adriano Martins at UFC on Fox 10publisher=MMAmania.com"=. http://www.mmamania.com/2013/11/23/5137480/donald-cerrone-meets-adriano-martins-at-ufc-on-fox-10-puts. Retrieved 2013-11-23.
- Staff (2014-01-25). "UFC on FOX 10 bonuses: Caceres earns $100K, Cerrone and Pettis each pocket $50K"=. mmajunkie.com. http://mmajunkie.com/2014/01/ufc-on-fox-10-bonuses-caceres-earns-100k-cerrone-and-pettis-each-pocket-50k/. Retrieved 2014-01-25.
- Dave Doyle (2014-02-03). "Donald Cerrone vs. Edson Barboza announced for UFC on FOX 11"=. MMAfighting.com. http://www.mmafighting.com/2014/2/3/5375440/donald-cerrone-vs-edson-barboza-announced-for-ufc-on-fox-11. Retrieved 2014-02-03.
- Staff (2014-04-19). "UFC on FOX 11 bonuses: Cerrone, White, Alves, Baczynski win $50,000"=. mmajunkie.com. http://mmajunkie.com/2014/04/ufc-on-fox-11-bonuses-cerrone-white-alves-baczynski-win-50000/. Retrieved 2014-04-19.
- Staff (2014-05-02). "Donald Cerrone vs. Jim Miller headlines UFC Fight Night 45 in New Jersey"=. mmajunkie.com. http://mmajunkie.com/2014/05/donald-cerrone-vs-jim-miller-headlines-ufc-fight-night-45-in-new-jersey. Retrieved 2014-05-02.
- Dann Stupp (2014-07-16). "UFC Fight Night 45 results: Donald Cerrone floors Jim Miller with head-kick KO"=. mmajunkie.com. http://mmajunkie.com/2014/07/ufc-fight-night-45-results-donald-cerrone-floors-jim-miller-with-head-kick. Retrieved 2014-07-16.
- Dann Stupp (2014-06-08). "UFC Fight Night 45 bonuses: Cerrone, Lineker among $50,000 award winners"=. mmajunkie.com. http://mmajunkie.com/2014/07/ufc-fight-night-45-bonuses-cerrone-lineker-among-50000-award-winners. Retrieved 2014-07-17.
- Jesse Holland (2013-07-18). "Donald Cerrone vs. Khabib Nurmagomedov targeted for UFC 178 on Sept. 27 in Las Vegas"=. mmamania.com. http://www.mmamania.com/2014/7/18/5915281/ufc-178-donald-cerrone-vs-khabib-nurmagomedov-sept-27-las-vegas-mma. Retrieved 2014-07-18.
- Mookie Alexander (2013-07-18). "Khabib Nurmagomedov injured, planned UFC 178 fight with Donald Cerrone is scrapped"=. bloodyelbow.com. http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2014/7/18/5915717/mma-news-donald-cerrone-vs-khabib-nurmagomedov-scrapped-ufc-178. Retrieved 2014-07-18.
- "UFC 178 adds Donald Cerrone-Bobby Green, James Krause-Jorge Masvidal"=. MMAjunkie.com. August 14, 2014. http://mmajunkie.com/2014/08/ufc-178-adds-donald-cerrone-bobby-green-james-krause-jorge-masvidal.
- Mookie Alexander (2013-08-19). "Eddie Alvarez to fight Donald Cerrone in UFC 178 co-main event"=. bloodyelbow.com. http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2014/8/19/6046525/mma-news-eddie-alvarez-vs-donald-cerrone-ufc-178-co-main-event. Retrieved 2014-08-19.
- Kevin Iole (2013-09-28). "Donald Cerrone steals show, closes in on title shot with win over Eddie Alvarez"=. mmajunkie.com. http://sports.yahoo.com/news/donald-cerrone-steals-show--closes-in-on-title-shot-with-win-over-eddie-alvarez-043447026-mma.html. Retrieved 2014-09-28.
- Staff (2013-10-29). "Donald Cerrone vs. Myles Jury gets co-main status at UFC 182"=. mmajunkie.com. http://mmajunkie.com/2014/10/donald-cerrone-vs-myles-jury-gets-co-main-at-ufc-182. Retrieved 2014-10-29.
- UFC 182: Extended Preview
- Staff (2015-01-04). "UFC 182 Results: Donald Cerrone dominates Myles Jury in co-main event"=. sports.yahoo.com. http://sports.yahoo.com/news/ufc-182-results-donald-cerrone-dominates-myles-jury-052317893--mma.html. Retrieved 2015-01-04.
- Staff (2015-01-05). "Donald Cerrone replaces Eddie Alvarez, meets Benson Henderson at UFC Fight Night 59"=. mmajunkie.com. http://mmajunkie.com/2015/01/donald-cerrone-replaces-eddie-alvarez-meets-benson-henderson-at-ufc-fight-night-59. Retrieved 2015-01-05.
- Brett Okamoto (2015-01-19). "Donald Cerrone earns close decision"=. espn.go.com. http://espn.go.com/mma/story/_/id/12189912/donald-cerrone-edges-benson-henderson-thriller. Retrieved 2015-01-19.
- "Donald Cerrone defeats Benson Henderson"=. mmadecisions.com. http://www.mmadecisions.com/decision/5921/Donald-Cerrone-vs-Benson-Henderson. Retrieved 2015-01-19.
- Staff (2015-02-19). "Jones-Johnson, Weidman-Belfort, Cerrone-Nurmagomedov top UFC 187 in May"=. mmajunkie.com. http://mmajunkie.com/2015/02/jones-johnson-weidman-belfort-cerrone-nurmagomedov-top-ufc-187-in-may. Retrieved 2015-02-19.
- Marc Raimondi (2015-04-30). "Fresh off TKO win, John Makdessi gets call to replace Khabib Nurmagomedov against Donald Cerrone"=. mmafighting.com. http://www.mmafighting.com/2015/4/30/8525357/fresh-off-tko-win-john-makdessi-gets-call-to-replace-khabib.
- Dave Doyle (2015-04-30). "UFC 187 results: Donald Cerrone finishes John Makdessi with head kick"=. mmafighting.com. http://www.mmafighting.com/2015/5/23/8651905/ufc-187-results-donald-cerrone-finishes-john-makdessi-with-head-kick. Retrieved 2015-05-23.
- Thomas Gerbasi (2015-08-13). "Dos Anjos vs. Cerrone II Headlines on Dec. 19"=. UFC.com. http://www.ufc.com/news/Dos-Anjos-vs-Cerrone-II-Headlines-on-Dec-19. Retrieved 2015-08-13.
- Matt Erickson (2016-01-01). "'Cowboy' Cerrone moves to 170, meets Tim Means in UFC Fight Night 82 main event"=. mmajunkie.com. http://mmajunkie.com/2016/01/cowboy-cerrone-moves-to-welterweight-meets-tim-means-in-ufc-fight-night-82-main-event. Retrieved 2016-01-01.
- Jesse Holland (2016-02-04). "Donald Cerrone vs Alex Oliveira main event on tap for UFC Fight Night 83"=. mmamania.com. http://www.mmamania.com/2016/2/4/10916836/donald-cerrone-vs-alex-oliveira-main-event-on-tap-ufc-fight-night-83-pittsburgh-mma. Retrieved 2016-02-04.
- Steven Marrocco (2016-02-21). "UFC Fight Night 83 results: Donald Cerrone catches Alex Oliveira with triangle choke"=. mmajunkie.com. http://mmajunkie.com/2016/02/ufc-fight-night-83-results-donald-cerrone-catches-alex-oliveira-with-triangle-choke. Retrieved 2016-02-21.
- Tristen Critchfield (2016-02-22). "UFC Fight Night Pittsburgh Bonuses: Cerrone, Camozzi, Murphy, Faszholz Earn $50K"=. sherdog.com. http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/UFC-Fight-Night-Pittsburgh-Bonuses-Cerrone-Camozzi-Murphy-Faszholz-Earn-3650K-100603. Retrieved 2016-02-22.
- Mike Bohn (2016-03-18). "'Cowboy' Cerrone vs. Patrick Cote being targeted for UFC Fight Night 89 in Ottawa"=. mmajunkie.com. http://mmajunkie.com/2016/03/cowboy-cerrone-vs-patrick-cote-being-targeted-for-ufc-fight-night-89-in-ottawa. Retrieved 2016-03-18.
- Ben Fowlkes (2016-06-19). "UFC Fight Night 89 results: Donald Cerrone busts up Patrick Cote for dominant TKO win"=. mmajunkie.com. http://mmajunkie.com/2016/06/ufc-fight-night-89-results-donald-cerrone-busts-up-patrick-cote-for-dominant-tko-win. Retrieved 2016-06-19.
- "FightMetric - MMA Statistics : UFC OFFICIAL RECORDS"=. FightMetric. http://www.fightmetric.com/ufcrecords.php. Retrieved 2013-01-28.